- MonJan16 MLK Jr. Birthday - All Sites Closed
- TueJan17 PTA Meeting 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM
- TueJan17 4th Grade Field Trip - Bammer & Dwight 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM
- TueJan17 After School Program Session 2 Begins 2:20 PM to 3:20 PM
- WedJan18 4th Grade Field Trip Damato & Thomas 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM
- FriJan20 Talent Show Practice Grades 4-5 2:30 PM to 5:00 PM
- MonJan23 Kindness Challenge Week
- TueJan24 Kindness Challenge Week
- TueJan24 LBUSD Board Meeting 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
- WedJan25 Kindness Challenge Week
- WedJan25 Talent Show Rehearsal Time TBD 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM
- ThuJan26 Kindness Challenge Week
- ThuJan26 Talent Show - Time TBD 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM
- ThuJan26 DELAC Meeting - Parent Workshop 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM
- FriJan27 Kindness Challenge Week
- FriJan27 Flag Assembly 8:00 AM to 9:00 AM
- FriFeb10 No One Eats Alone 11:30 AM to 12:30 PM
- MonFeb13 5th grade Walk Through Revolution 8:00 AM to 9:00 AM
- MonFeb13 PTA Meeting 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM
- TueFeb14 LBUSD Board Meeting 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
TOP OF THE WORLD ELEMENTARY STRIVES TO ENCOURAGE COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT, STRONG ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE, AND SHARED VALUES THAT RECOGNIZE THE NEED TO EDUCATE THE "WHOLE CHILD." WE EMBODY THE BELIEF THAT ALL STUDENTS CAN SUCCEED.
TOW CODING CLUB
Coding is quickly becoming a frontrunner in electives and after school programs throughout the country. Around the world, students from elementary level to college graduates are increasingly getting acquainted with the basics of coding. The American “Hour of Code” effort reports it has already persuaded over 28 million people to give programming a try. Coding not only is what makes games, websites and applications possible, but it encourages problem solving and collaboration. Starting in 2014, the TOW Coding Club began giving our students an opportunity to capitalize on this growing trend of learning code.
SHIFT TO COMMON CORE AND MATH
Our shift to Common Core is not only a shift in curriculum, but more importantly, a shift in math practices. We spend more time on concepts, so our students don't just know their "math facts," but really understand how those facts will come to play in their every day lives.
A DAY IN THE LIFE AT
TOP OF THE WORLD
Enjoy these pics of a day in the life at our great school. Or check out our full gallery of photos!
Hours Donated Last Year Alone
California Distinguished School Awards
Student-to-Laptop Ratio in 5th Grade