- ThuMay25 CAASSP Testing
- ThuMay25 ASP Session 3 Ends 2:20 PM to 3:20 PM
- FriMay26 CAASSP Testing
- FriMay26 All Kindergarten Early - Field Trip 7:55 AM to 10:40 AM
- FriMay26 Flag Assembly 8:00 AM to 9:00 AM
- MonMay29 Memorial Day - All Sites Closed
- WedMay31 5th Grade Spelling Bee - Final Round 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM
- FriJun02 4th Grade Gold Dust or Bust Performance 8:30 AM to 10:00 AM
- FriJun02 4th Grade Gold Dust or Bust Performance 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM
- WedJun07 Minimum Day - Open House 8:00 AM to 11:40 AM
- WedJun07 OPEN HOUSE 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM
- FriJun09 5th grade Pioneer Day
- FriJun09 4th Grade Marketplace 8:30 AM to 10:00 AM
- MonJun12 Charlotte's Web Presentations 8:00 AM to 1:15 PM
- MonJun12 PTA Meeting 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM
- TueJun13 Recorder/Violin Concert 1:45 PM to 2:20 PM
- TueJun13 LBUSD Board Meeting 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
- WedJun14 Bus Driver Appreciation 8:00 AM to 9:00 AM
- FriJun16 Flag Assembly 8:00 AM to 9:00 AM
- MonJun19 CLC Celebration 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM
TOP OF THE WORLD'S MISSION IS TO PROVIDE OUR STUDENTS WITH A RIGOROUS 21ST CENTURY LEARNING ENVIRONMENT WHICH FOCUSES ON THE UNIQUENESS OF EACH CHILD, PROMOTING A GROWTH MINDSET, A COMMUNITY PERSPECTIVE, AND DEVELOPING THE SKILLS NEEDED TO BECOME LIFELONG LEARNERS.
TOW CODING CLUB
Coding is quickly becoming a frontrunner in electives and after school programs throughout the country. Around the world, students from elementary level to college graduates are increasingly getting acquainted with the basics of coding. The American “Hour of Code” effort reports it has already persuaded over 28 million people to give programming a try. Coding not only is what makes games, websites and applications possible, but it encourages problem solving and collaboration. Starting in 2014, the TOW Coding Club began giving our students an opportunity to capitalize on this growing trend of learning code.
SHIFT TO COMMON CORE AND MATH
Our shift to Common Core is not only a shift in curriculum, but more importantly, a shift in math practices. We spend more time on concepts, so our students don't just know their "math facts," but really understand how those facts will come to play in their every day lives.
A DAY IN THE LIFE AT
TOP OF THE WORLD
Enjoy these pics of a day in the life at our great school. Or check out our full gallery of photos!
Hours Donated Last Year Alone
California Distinguished School Awards
Student-to-Laptop Ratio in 5th Grade