949-497-7750, ext. 1206
- M.A. Administration, Curriculum and Supervision - University of Colorado - Denver, CO
- B.A. Psychology - Fort Lews College - Durango, CO
- Single-Subject Credential Social Studies - Fort Lewis College - Durango, CO
- 2004-2014 - Principal of Fountain Valley High School - Huntington Beach Union High School District
- 2000-2004 - Assistant Principal - Fountain Valley High School
- 1999-2000 - Assistant Principal - Ocean View High School (HBUHSD)
- 1995-1999 - Assistant Principal - Ranum High School - Adams County School Dist. 50 - Westminster, CO
- 1993-1995 - Social Studies Teacher - Ranum High School
- 1987-1993 - Social Studies Teacher - Sierra High School - Colorado Springs - Harrison District #2
Foremost, I am an idealist. I believe our mission is to maximize learning for every student in a caring environment, utilizing 21st century technology. I believe every program and every course in a high school ought to be excellent. I have learned that a great school is far more than the sum of its parts, it can only be achieved through interdependence - each person supporting the efforts of others while fulfilling our own roles to the best of our abilities, every day, while constantly seeking our own professional growth. Did I mention that I am an idealist?
Chris and his wife Tami moved to Laguna Beach in 2002. They have one child, daughter Ruby who will be attending Laguna Beach schools. Chris is hopelessly addicted to a variety of sports including mountain biking, surfing, skiing and occasionally snowboarding. He was the varsity girls head soccer coach at Sierra High School in Colorado Springs from 1987-1993, and served as assistant ski racing coach at both Fort Lewis College and The Colorado College. Tami was an English teacher and yearbook advisor and still works with students in many schools to help them produce their yearbooks. Tami is an Orange County native, and graduated from Orange Lutheran HS and UCI.