The Laguna Beach Unified School District Board of Education unanimously approved Resolution #20-16, publicly affirming the District’s commitment to anti-racist education. At LBUSD, equity means providing all students with the academic, social and emotional support they need to be successful in their classroom and beyond. The purpose of the Diversity, Equity, Inclusion work we're doing in the District is to not only make safe spaces for all of our students but also to activate them to be global citizens and leaders. Together we commit to ensuring each and every student gains the knowledge, experience, world perspectives, and skills needed to become a lifelong learner and producer in a competitive and interconnected world.
Project Outcomes 2021-22
By the end of this project, Laguna Beach USD will have:
- A clear understanding of the lived experience of LBUSD community members, particularly those traditionally most impacted by equity issues and a synthesized report of findings and trends.
- Clearly defined areas of focus related to efforts to improve student outcomes and address inequities.
- Clear action plans for each focus that are guided by a well developed theory of action
- Capacity building for leadership and staff to lead equity work and address challenges in their departments and campuses.
- Capacity building to support the implement and continuously improve identified changes.