School Development Fees
Development fees are required to be paid directly to the Laguna Beach Unified School District for construction projects, whether new construction or reconstruction of existing buildings. The current school development fees are $2.05 per square foot for new habitable residential space and $0.33 per square foot for new covered and enclosed commercial space. Residential projects under 500 square feet may be exempt from fees as determined by the City of Laguna Beach.
- Contractors must first apply for a permit through the City of Laguna Beach
- The applicant will be issued a document from the City denoting the total square footage being assessed
- Documentation and payment for School Development Fees is received in-person or by mail at LBUSD in the Business Services Department, Building B, at 550 Blumont Street in Laguna Beach 92651
- Checks are made payable to LBUSD
- The City issues the final building permit after payment of School Development Fees
- Questions about School Development Fees may be directed to email@example.com
For more information, please contact the City of Laguna Beach Department of Community Development.