School Development Fees
Development fees are required to be paid directly to the Laguna Beach Unified School District for construction projects, whether new construction or reconstruction of existing buildings. The current school development fees are $2.05 per square foot for habitable residential space and $0.33 per square foot for covered and enclosed commercial space. Residential projects under 500 square feet may be exempt from fees as determined by the City of Laguna Beach or the County of Orange.
- Permit applicants are issued a document from the City or County denoting the total square footage being assessed for school development fees
- This document is submitted virtually using the link below or a print copy may be mailed to LBUSD Business Services, 550 Blumont Street Bldg B, Laguna Beach, CA 92651
- Payment is provided by check or online credit card transaction
- Checks are made payable to LBUSD
- A 3% convenience fee is added to credit card transactions
- Following review and verification, a signed receipt issued by LBUSD is returned via email or mail for submission to satisfy building permit requirement
- Questions about School Development Fees may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please contact the City of Laguna Beach Department of Community Development.