- High School
Mrs. Pilon is a school counselor serving students with last names P-Z at Laguna Beach High School. Counselors are available to offer direction as students plan their academic futures. Let's get to know a little bit about her in this Q & A with LBUSD.
Mrs. Pilon is a school counselor serving students with last names P-Z at Laguna Beach High School. Counselors are available to offer direction as students plan their academic futures. Starting in ninth grade, students work with their counselors to create a four-year academic plan that will lead to a career or the university or college of the student's choice. Each year, the counselors help students continue to achieve their short-term goals to support them in meeting their long-term aspirations. Counselors also provide confidential and supportive counseling and intervention to foster independence and help students face emotional challenges. Let's dive right into our Q & A with Mrs. Pilon!
- What is a mantra that you want all students to have for themselves?
Never compare yourself to anyone else, because there is no one out there who is authentically just like you.
- What is something you can never over-invest in?
You can never over-invest in love.
- What is your favorite song of all time?
"I Can Only Imagine" by Mercy Me
- What is your go-to breakfast?
Ezekiel bread and almond butter
- What are you currently excited about in life right now?
I am currently excited about watching my daughter dance!
- What do you want to be remembered for?
I want to be remembered for loving my children unconditionally.
- Who would you say was your role model growing up? Why?
My role model growing up was my sister because she believed in me and pushed me to challenge msyelf regardless of the circumstances.
- How do you unwind?
I unwind by working out.
- If you could go back and tell your 13-year-old self one thing, what would it be?
Don't stress, love yourself just the way you are, it all works out in the end.
- If you had a superpower, what would it be?
If I had a superpower, it would be the ability to heal.
- What’s the best advice you’ve ever received?
Life is not a race, it's a journey. Slow down and enjoy the ride because life happens when you are busy making plans.