What is the rule for visitors/volunteers on campus?

All volunteers/visitors MUST sign in at the front office with a valid driver's license before going to a classroom or walking around campus.  All non-staff must wear a volunteer or visitor badge.

Back to Top

What is the student drop-off and pick-up procedure? 

Student Drop Off: Drop off begins at 7:40 a.m. 
Use the designated drop off area in front of the MPR. Please have your child ready to exit the car when you pull up to the drop off area. For safety reasons, do not drop off before you reach this area.  

Student Pick Up at End of School Day: Students wait in the pick up line at the end of the school parking lot. 

Back to Top

What do I do  if my child is sick or absent?

If your child is sick or absent, call the Call-Sick line (497-7790) before 9:00 a.m. to report your child’s absence. Leave student’s name, teacher name and reason for absence. You must call each day your child is absent. This is an Education Code requirement.

Back to Top

What happens if there is a change of plans for my student?

Change of plans should be due to an emergency only. Call the main office at (949) 497-770 before your child’s lunch time. Emailing teachers or staff directly is not best way since teachers are not typically checking their email during the school day.  

What is the procedure for picking my child up early from school?

Sign students out at the front office. Please do not pick your child from the classroom. 

What is the schedule for my student's day?

The TOW school schedule can be found on the Bell Schedule page.  Each class has individual pull out times for PE, Library, Computer, Science, Spanish and Music as well as special assembly.  Contact your student's teacher if this information is needed.   

Back to Top

Can I bring treats for my child's birthday?

District Policy:  Federal law requires every school district to have a local Wellness Policy. These policies must address nutrition education, physical activity, school meals and all other foods and beverages available at school. From birthday parties to holiday celebrations, there are many celebrations in elementary schools. Along with fun, usually comes the food. Just one school party can include pizza, sugary juice drinks, chips, cake, ice cream and candy. Offering so many treats so often can contribute to unhealthy eating habits. Keep in mind that each student’s birthday can mean multiple celebrations: one at home with family, a party with friends and then another at school. However, with a few easy changes, parents, teachers and school administrators can shift the focus of school parties from unhealthy food to healthy fun! Food does not always need to be a part of school parties. Instead find ways to recognize the child celebrate them and make them feel special. This is not a ban on cupcakes. We are simply asking parents and teachers to strongly consider alternatives to celebrating birthdays with food that is high in sugar and fat. Experts recommend limiting school celebrations that involve food to no more than one party per class per month. Too many classroom celebrations take away from our school’s principle mission of maximizing instructional time and providing our students with a world class education. Here are some ideas and suggestions for healthy classroom celebrations:

  • Have a scavenger hunt for items around the classroom or school
  • Allow students to pick a book of their choice and ask the principal or a parent to come in and read it.
  • Make a sign, sash, crown, button or badge for the birthday child
  • Let the birthday child be the teacher’s assistant for the day; they can do special tasks like make deliveries to the office or be the line leader
  • Let the birthday child choose and activity or game for the class These are just a few suggestions. 

Back to Top

What is the cost of school lunch and how can I pay for it? 

Costs for school lunches: $3.90 per day.  To pay for your child's lunch you can send them to school with money or setup/add money to your child's school account.  To add money to your child's account visit the Nutrition Services link on our district website or click here.  Click on the Pre-Payment Options in the top menu. Scroll down to the Online Payment button and select the Online Payment link.   You may also drop off a check made out to LBUSD Food Services at our school office.  Please be sure to put your child's and their teacher's name in the memo line. 

Back to Top

How can I get a bus pass for my student?

Bus passes are sold at the District Office located at 550 Blumont across from the street from the High School.  Phone number is 497-7700 x5201.  For more information visit the Transportation page.

Back to Top

If I have questions about the bus, who do I call?

If your child is late arriving home, has left something on the bus or you have any other questions, please call Durham Transportation at 376-0376.

Back to Top


21601 Treetop Lane 
Laguna Beach, CA 92651 
powered by finalsite