What You Should Know
- The 2020-2021 Playbook contains detailed information about the learning model options that are being offered for the upcoming school year. Visit the FAQ for answers to frequently asked questions about the school year, including transportation, health and safety, and the different learning models.
- California schools are required to check immunization records for all new student admissions at Kindergarten/TK through 12th-grade and all students advancing to 7th-grade before entry. All immunization requirements continue to be in effect. Students will be delayed in starting school until immunization records have been submitted.
- To ensure meal options for children continue to be available so children can access meals under all circumstances, LBUSD will continue to offer student meals at no cost to all students through the end of 2020, or until available federal funding is exhausted. Payments to student meal accounts will not need to be made during this time. If you have not yet submitted an application for the 2020-2021 school year, it is important that you do so at your earliest convenience. Completing the form helps students who qualify receive other benefits like family discounts on utilities and internet service and reduced fees for college applications. Complete the 2020-2021 TITAN School Solutions Meal Application to see if you qualify. If you completed the application before August 24, you will need to resubmit the application due to changes in the system.
- LBUSD is currently providing grab-and-go meals at no cost Monday through Friday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Laguna Beach High School along St. Ann’s Drive. When the district transitions to Phase II and students are on-campus, meals will be served in the classroom. Grab-and-go meals will continue to be provided for students enrolled in distance learning.
- To help prevent the spread of illness, we encourage our community, staff, and students to follow these important tips:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.