The Laguna Beach Unified School District is pleased to announce the dates for its comprehensive summer program offerings.
Summer LEAD Program
The Learn, Enrich, and Discover (LEAD) summer program provides students in grades 1-8 with engaging and enriching experiences to help them learn, grow, and have fun throughout the summer break. Classes address academic topics, social-emotional wellness, physical fitness, the arts, technology, and many other high-interest areas.
- Week 1: July 22 - 26
- Week 2: July 29 - August 2
This is an intervention program for students in grades 1-8 focused on learning recovery and acceleration based on teacher recommendation or IEP team referral. Extended School Year (ESY) in grades PK-8 is offered for students who require an extension of the regular school year as part of their individualized education program based on IEP team recommendations.
- June 20 - July 19 (No school July 4-5)
High School Summer Academy
The High School Summer Academy is for students in grades 9-12 who need to repeat a course to earn credit toward earning a high school diploma or who want to remediate a course due to a “D” or “F” grade to meet minimum UC “a-g” requirements. Courses offered are for remediation or credit recovery only and are not offered for advanced credit. Additional courses offered include:
- English Language Development Academy 9th-12th grade courses are offered to select students
- Extended School Year (ESY) in grades 9-12 is offered for students who require an extension of the regular school year as part of their individualized education program based on IEP team recommendations
Students may only take one course at a time each session for a total of two maximum courses. Please contact your school counselor for specific course recommendations for summer school.
- Session 1: June 20 - July 3
- Session 2: July 8 - 19